- Sad News from the BBO
- Thursday, 9 July 2015. We are very sad to have to...
- Statement from the Chief Executive Officer
- STATEMENT FROM THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER I am extremely proud of my involvement with the...
- British Ballet Organization secures New Headquarters
- STATEMENT FROM THE CHAIRMAN 18 MAY 2015 The British Ballet Organization (BBO) is today...
- Huge congratulations to Zoe Pool
- Huge congratulations to Zoe Pool who has been awarded the British Empire Medal for Services...
Welcome to the BBO
The British Ballet Organization (BBO) is an international dance awarding organisation, providing opportunities to pursue your passion for dance in a supportive, motivating and friendly environment since 1930.
The BBO inspires excellence and promotes the education, training and enjoyment of dance. It's an inclusive, innovative, member-driven organisation supporting you through lifelong partnerships.
We offer teacher training and examinations in classical ballet, tap, modern and jazz. These qualifications are offered nationally and internationally, they are recognised by the regulatory authorities for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, OfQual. The BBO is a validated Awarding Organisation of the CDET.
The BBO is committed to maintaining and improving its reputation for excellence by providing high quality dance education and training through its syllabi, examinations, scholar scheme, music and resources. Through providing a range of dance styles at different levels the Organisation aims to attract people of all ages and ability who enjoy dancing.
The BBO seeks to create an atmosphere of care and support for the individual within a unique 'family' ethos. The emphasis is on awakening and nurturing within students the physical, emotional, artistic and expressive qualities and challenges the art form provides. The Organisation aims to listen, respond and adapt to the changing needs of students and teachers at every level and through this, encourages a positive attitude towards an active, healthy lifestyle.
The BBO aims to ensure safe dance practice and to provide access and equal opportunities for all.